Friday, August 21

Ignorance is Bliss

For as long as I can remember, all I ever wanted to be was an RN, a Real-live Nurse. I'm wondering now if that will ever happen for me... In this current state I'm finding myself in I'm seriously doubting it. I'm just so depressed and even more so discouraged. All the studying, all the tests, all the sweat, blood, tears, and money... what was it all for? All my enthusiasm, love and passion, drive and ambition, not to mention a pure desire, want and need to practice nursing, what does it all mean when no one will even give me a chance?

I honestly do know what more I can do. I've given my all to a field that seemingly has no need, respect or want for a new grad such as myself. For me to be the future of nursing, over these past few months I have been feeling worthless and unwanted more than anything. When I was in school they painted this pretty little picture of nursing for us... had me dying to finish school and become a nurse, to bad it was a only mirage. We've been hoodwinked my friends.

Now all I want more than anything (besides maybe finding a job) is to go back. I gotta tell you, the ignorance was BLISS!! Having said that, even through all the bullshit I still LOVE nursing (to death)! If I had to do it all over again, I would still choose nursing. If I can't be a nurse I seriously do not know what else I could be or what else I would rather do. Nursing is my life. Now if only employers could understand that, and give me a job...