Saturday, September 6

My Best Friend's Wedding

As shallow as this sounds/may actually be today just reaffirmed what I've known to be true for quite some time now...I am no good at events/affairs which don't involve me being the center of attention.

Today was the bestie's wedding and I'm sorry but it just was not my twist. I felt like the only black extra on set of my Big Fat Cambodian Wedding. Maybe it would have been bareable if I had more of a crowd to choose from but when your only options are conservative G Dubyah-John McCaine supporting types and non-friendly non-English speaking Cambodians its really like hmmm ok and tell me WTF I'm doing here again?

It was just... awkward. So i snapped a couple of pics and I peaced. If it weren't for her adorable sweet little niece I probably wouldn't have lasted as long as I did. It's not looking to promising for me and the reception in Conneticut I'm thinking of skipping it all together.

I really don't want to do that to her because she's been an awesome friend but I really can't see me spending money I don't have to go all the way to Conneticut to feel awkward again and be miserable the whole time. I love her but I think I'll buy a really nice wedding gift and call it a day. *_*

*** HAPPY BDAY VINNY!!! I love and miss you still. You're forever in my heart and in my prayers. God bless.***

My Bday is tomorrow, and God I pray it's better than it was last year. Two suck ass birthdays in a row is just cruel and unusual.

Sent from my iPhone