Sunday, October 26

Working the Weekend

I am sore. All over. At this point in time I would rather chop my hands, feet, and legs off then deal with the pain. I must have been crazy agreeing to work a 16 hour shift, my very first double. I'm sure my pockets will thank me in two weeks but right now by body is cursing me. I'm currently craving the hottest shower the body can stand but after washing my hands approximately 6 billion times this weekend, they're all chaffed, wrinkled, and burning...water is the last thing to help. My hands look like they belong to a 92 year old woman...not hot. If I never take another set of vital signs or do another accucheck, or make another bed or do another bath in life, I would not mind in the least. In fact, I could die happily. I think I've overdosed on work this weekend. As if I needed to hate my job anymore.

The only upside of killing myself this weekend was my newly developed crush. I don't even know her name but for now she's affectionately labeled hot resident lady. My god, she is gorgeous. I don't know if she only works the weekends, or is new to the trauma service but I have been head over heels since first glance. She spent a lot of time on the unit seeing patients and writing orders, and rounding and I spent a lot of time just watching, admiring, and swooning from afar. Creeper, right? I can't help it though. I cannot be blamed. She's like perfect. Tall. Tan. Cute short cut. Smart, obviously...I mean she's a Doctor. Not to mention she seems really sweet. Needless to say in addition to all the vitals, accuchecks, beds and baths there was tons of crushing going on as well. What can I say? I like her. I like her a lot. =D

And there was a total OMG moment this weekend as well.... I found out that one of the nurses on my floor: total lesbian. All this time, there's been family in the midst and I hadn't the slightest idea. Well maybe the slightest... I'm not all that shocked I mean I probably could have picked her out of our unit's lineup if there ever was one but still it was like weird. I never knew she was so OUT about it. That's cool though. To bad she's kind of a bitch...and so not one of my faves but she gets a few cool points for loving la ladies. Whatevs. I'm hurting and I have mucho school work to get through, so enough is enough, I'm peacin'.