Wednesday, October 22

Lesbian, MD

So today I had my first appointment with the new PCP, and I'm kind of hiding it from the mother. Shit would hit the fan if she knew being as though this woman is an OUT lesbian. Everyone in the community knows it, and silly me...I've been avoiding seeing her for like the longest time because of it. As if my going to her would somehow OUT me. Truth of the matter is lesbian or not she's a really nice person, and from all that I've seen today a really good doctor. Her being invested in helping me to be healthy and stay healthy is all that mattered to me in choosing her, seeing as though it's not like she's young or hot. I had a doctor that was pretty much impossible to see without waiting months for an appointment so finally I said screw it, and picked Dr. Lez.

Of course there was the prerequisite nervousness I always feel when I'm around lesbians... I always feel so weird around other women lovers like they can somehow smell the gay in me. I know I'm completely insane but I'm always fearful that their gaydays are sounding loud and proud whenever I get within a five foot radius of them. This wouldn't always necessarily be a bad thing especially considering the fact that this could attract really great potential, but when I'm around family or other people who are none-the-wiser this sets off constant fear of being outted. God, I'm such a freak right? Long story short, regardless of my doc's sexual preference she gets the job done and I feel comfortable in her care. Today felt like the beginning of a long and prosperous doctor/patient relationship. =)

Obtw...Boob Drama Update, my surgical consult is scheduled. More info to come next Tuesday.