Sunday, November 23

Good Evening All, Yes I'm Alive & Well!

I've discovered it takes a special kind of person to abuse narcotics. The constipation alone would be enough for me to quit. This may be TMI but it is excruciating. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, and I only took 8 pills over the course of 4 days, post op. I'm done. I mean I knew I was before the hours I spent crying in the bathroom begging G-d to release me...literally, but that was just the icing on the cake. They were glorious the first couple of days after the surgery, when my pain was kinda up there but there is no way I could find myself addicted.

Which is actually awesome to know, because I do have an addictive personality. I hate the way they made me feel after awhile. I don't know how people enjoy walking around in that haze of nothingness. For me, it was awful. Not only that I don't know if it is a general side effect of narcotics, but while I was on those pills I had the worst nightmares and far off dreams. Example, having a 70's dance party in my head, and I wasn't even completely sleep. Yeah... thank you, but I'll pass.

Other than that the surgery went fabulously, and I even got to see the lump that had been plauging my life for the past two years. I think I asked in my post anesthesia induced stupor and the doctor was sweet enough to oblige. My god it was HUGE. I'm talking the size of a small potatoe. Insane, right? I'm just happy it's all over and I'm well on my way to healing. My only complaint postop is that these damn dissovable sutures itch like a bitch. Well that and the fact that I can't shower until Tuesday, when I have my follow up appointment, which is killing me. But other than that everything is lovely. Er.... almost. This new diet kind of sucks, but it's what's best for me and slowely I'm learning to live with it. #-o