Wednesday, December 24

I Feel Like Chicken Tonight...

To say I'm feeling pressured by this whole bring a dish to [christmas] dinner situation, would be an understatement. All of a sudden all of the confidence and excitement I felt has been replaced with panic and mania!~X( I don't think that I can do it, especially considering the only things I have made thus far in my so called "cooking career" have been reservations, a mess, and several small fires [shot out to Kelly Whitmore and Carrie B]. :-< I mean sure I'll have Granny there to guide me through these untried waters and all the trials and tribulations that come with, but I'll also have my uncle there taunting and just waiting for the finished project to be a hot tranny mess so that he can forever tease me about being a big fat cooking failure. :(

Ok maybe I'm being bit dramatic and painting him out to be a monster, he's really not but this is what I'm feeling. What I am so totally afraid of happening tomorrow. I have half the mind to call the whole thing off. I mean I have to learn considering that in just a few short months I will be completely out on my own, but maybe it would be better for me to learn when there's not so much pressure surrounding the entire issue, you know? Then there's braving the last minute Christmas Eve shoppers ...that doesn't sound to tempting or wise either. In my frayed state of mind the last thing I need is to be dropped into a crowded supermarket with people who have lost both their minds and their manners. Oy. :(