Saturday, January 10

Me Being Totally Optimistic...

Though this thing with my mom has me still pretty much fugged up, one thing that I believe with my entire being is that EVERYTHING happens for a REASON. Everything is all part of his master plan. Yes, I am both hurt and angered at the same time I believe that G-d wouldn't be putting me through all of this if there wasn't a lesson to be learned, and new strength to be obtained. It may hurt now, but there is always a light at the tunnel's end.

My thoughts is that this whole situation has everything to do with me moving away post graduation. I need to learn to be more independent. This all has taught me that in order to survive in this world I need to be like an island. Standing on my own, totally independent of anyone else. Like Beyonce sang: "Me, Myself, and I-that's all I got in the end: that's what I found out. And it ain't no need to cry, I took a vow that from now on I'ma be my own best friend." It just hurts now because I feel like I'm loosing my mother and my best friend all in one fell swoop, but I'm counting on emerging from this a much better woman. I promise not to let this get the best of me.

Having said that, to aid in my efforts, I am about to engage in a shitload of retail therapy. It is just what the doctor ordered, and in perfect timing with the beginning of the [final..eek] Spring semester of school. I am so excited to buy my Uggs...they are all the cheering up I need. I mean a girl can't stand completely on her own without some fly footwear right? :D