Sunday, February 22

Me, Lately...

Thursday ruined my life. This weekend totally made up for it. Let's just say I've been totally overwhelmed with life lately. School. Transplant Drama. Work. Graduation. Finding a job... Ugh it's all been just a bit much. Then Thursday seemed to be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Early Thursday morning I got a call from the Transplant Coordinator. And I do mean early. Early morning phone calls can never be good, especially from her. She who never calls. She had my lab results, from my second 24 hour urine. Still with the protein. At first she claimed it was from my period being on, but for the second time a whole week after the thing had come and gone, I am still pissing protein. And i.e. cannot be cleared for donation because duh, protein in your urine is not normal my kidneys might be failing. I broke down. Called my mom. She broke down. As if it isn't bad enough having to deal with the fact that hey, something might be wrong with my kidneys I also have to tell my brother, that I might not be able to donate to him.... Ugh. Thursday was soo not good.

What it all boils down to is, I have to do another 24 hour urine, just for them to be totally sure. Then if there's still protein there I'll be seeing a nephrologist to find out why. I hope it's all gone by....damn tomorrow. But who knows. I'm just going to try this whole thinking positive thing, and hope for the best. I really want to get this whole transplant business out of the way. I want to donate. I want it to all work out for my brother. I want him healthy again. The whole happily ever after you know.

Having said that, even if the protein is down to an acceptable level I doubt that they will let me donate over spring break which was the original game plan, so that frees some time for me to go to my interview at UCLA!!! Seems like the universe really wants me to make it. Hope the same goes for me actually getting the job and being able to accept and move out there. Life would once again make sense.

As for this weekend, I have done absolutely nothing for the entire thing. But lay in my bed, and watch movies. Yay for OC reruns. And yay for the mother helping me to complete the collection. I finally have the whole series, and can see how it all ended. It all makes me very excited for my interview, and the prospect of possible being a Cali girl one day. OMG imagine me, in LA. Don't mind if I do. Well my room, clothes, and the bathroom aren't going to clean themselves (although how awesome would it be if they would)....so I'm gone.